This article provides information on the conversion of files from Microsoft
Schedule+ versions 1.0 and 7.0, to Outlook 97.
Schedule+ Program Required
Certain Schedule+ Support Files must be installed on your computer
before the Schedule+ converters will work. These files are installed by
Outlook if you choose to install the Schedule+ Support Files during
To install the Schedule+ Support Files do the following:
- Click the Start button and Point to Settings and click Control Panel.
- Click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click Microsoft Office 97 or Microsoft Outlook 97 and click Add/Remove.
- In the Setup dialog box, click Add/Remove.
- Click Microsoft Outlook and then click Change Options.
- Place a checkmark in Schedule+ Support files and click OK and Continue.
Two different Outlook Converters are supplied for two different versions
of Schedule+, version 1.0 (.cal files) and version 7.0 (.scd files). It is
important that you choose the proper converter for the version of the file
Steps to Import a Schedule+ File
To import a Schedule+ file do the following:
- On Outlook's File menu, click Import and Export.
- Click "Import from Schedule+ or another program or file", and click
- Click Schedule+ 1.0 or Schedule+ 7.0 and click Next.
- Click Browse, navigate to the file to be imported and click Next.
- If called for, type a password and click OK.
NOTE: You may be prompted for a password during conversion even though
you are not prompted for a password during normal Schedule+ startup.
The password prompt is coming from Schedule+. The password is stored in
the user profile used to start Schedule+ and is automatically inserted
when that profile is used to start Schedule+. It is necessary to enter
the password to run the conversion.
- Select Import "<filename>" into "<foldername>" and click Map Custom
Fields. (Where < name> is the file or folder name you want to use.)
NOTE: You will see a separate entry for each information element
(Contacts, Appointments, and Tasks) in the incoming file. You must
click to remove the check mark next to those elements to, you do not
want to import.
- Map "<Schedule+ fieldname>" to "<Outlook fieldname>" and click OK.
Most fields will automatically map from Schedule+ fields to the proper
Outlook fields. However, it is very important that you verify the mapping
to assure each Schedule+ field is mapped to the appropriate Outlook field.
Only Server based folders or personal folders can be the target for
importing. Private folders do not show up in the destination list in the
Select A Folder dialog box.
NOTE: Schedule+ permissions are not imported to the Outlook Calendar. You
must manually configure permissions for the Calendar folder to allow others
to access your schedule.
Single appointments imported from a file having a different time zone
will be adjusted for the time zone change. That is, an appointment
scheduled for 1:00 PM Pacific Time will show up as 3:00 PM when imported
into a file that uses Central Time.
Recurring appointments, imported from a file having a different time zone,
will NOT be adjusted for the time zone change. That is, an appointment
scheduled for 1:00 PM Pacific Time will show up as 1:00 PM when imported
into a file that uses Central Time.
Project fields are mapped to Outlook Categories for Tasks. While these
categories are assigned to the individual Outlook tasks, they do not
update the Master Category list in Outlook.
For more information on Schedule+ conversion issues, please see the
following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
OL97: Troubleshooting Schedule+ Import Problems
OL97: Sam Translator Error Importing Schedule Plus File
OL97: Error Importing Schedule+ 1.0 (.cal) Files to