"From Scanner" is missing from the Insert Picture menu.
Microsoft Photo Editor is not installed.
To install Microsoft Photo Editor, use the following steps:
- Quit Word and all Office applications, including the Microsoft Office
- On the Windows Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click the Install/Uninstall tab.
- Click "Microsoft Office 97" ("Microsoft Word 97"), and then click
Add/Remove. The Microsoft Office 97 (Word 97) setup program will start.
- In the Microsoft Office 97 Setup (Microsoft Word 97 Setup) dialog box,
- In the Microsoft Office 97 - Maintenance (Microsoft Word 97 -
Maintenance) dialog box, click Office Tools. Do not clear the check box.
- Click Change Option. Click Microsoft Photo Editor to select the check box, and then click OK.
- Click Continue to complete the setup.
Microsoft Photo Editor is not installed during a typical installation.
Other graphics programs with scanner capabilities may also place a menu
command in Word. If you have problems accessing your scanner from Word,
please check the documentation that comes with your software to correct the
For additional information, please see the following articles in the
Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Word for Windows Does Not Support TWAIN Protocol
Err Msg: "Unable to Open Selected TWAIN Source" in Word 97