In the event of a lost password in an Anomaly Tracking System (ATS)
database, it is possible to reset the password.
There are two possible methods to recover from this scenario.
- If there is another user in the database that has administrator rights,
that user can login and restore the other user's password. This can be
accomplished through the User Maintenance dialog box.
- The ATS database files can be viewed in Visual FoxPro 5.0 to determine
what the user's password is. The following steps outline this process:
- Open the ATS database (Ft.dbc) in Visual FoxPro 5.0.
- USE the Ftuser.dbf table.
- BROWSE the Ftuser.dbf table.
- Locate the user's record in this table.
- Look at the contents of the Us_pwd field to determine what the
user's correct password is.