This article describes how to install the Microsoft FrontPage Server
Extensions to the Microsoft Personal Web Server on a computer running
Windows 95. This article assumes that both FrontPage and the Personal Web
Server have been installed successfully.
To install the FrontPage Server Extensions, follow these steps:
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the FrontPage Server Administrator
icon. By default, this file is located in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft
FrontPage folder. If you do not see the FrontPage Server Administrator
icon, double-click the Fpsrvwin.exe file. In FrontPage 97 this file is
located in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft FrontPage\bin folder.
- Click Install.
- From the Server Type list, select "Microsoft Personal Web Server."
Note that this will succeed only if you have the Microsoft Personal Web
Server installed locally.
- Click OK.
- In the Confirmation dialog box, verify that the settings are
correct. The default settings are:
Server Type: Microsoft Personal Web Server
If these settings are correct, click OK.
Server Port: 80
Document Root: C:\Webshare\wwwroot
- When you are asked to enter an account name, type the name you
want. For example, type your first name. Click OK.
NOTE: The account name should not contain any spaces.
- Click Yes.
- Close the Server Administrator.