This sample demonstrates how to do file input and output
using Visual Basic. The sample creates a new database file and allows you to
view, add, or delete records in this database.
The following files are available for
download from the Microsoft Download Center:
additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the
following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to Obtain Microsoft Support Files from Online Services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most
current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file
was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help to
prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
The techniques in this sample file can be used to view,
access, and write to sequential, random, and binary files. After you download
and run the self-extracting file, the following files are created:
- Fileproc.bas(4.30Kb)--The module containing Public Sub and
Function procedures for opening files.
- Readme.txt--The readme file that contains the text of this
- Recedit.bas(309 bytes)--The module containing Public type
- Recedit.frm(13.4Kb)--The main form for the
- Recedit.vbp(516 bytes)--The project file for the
To Run This Project
- Start Visual Basic. The New Project dialog box appears.
- In the New Project dialog box, click the existing tab and
go to the directory with the extracted files. Choose recedit.vbp.
- Press the F5 key to run the project.
For more information about file input/output, please see
"Processing Files" in the Programmer's Guide.