This article explains how to completely remove the Office 97 SR-1 Patch or
the updated SR-1 Patch.
To remove the patch from your computer, you must first uninstall
(completely remove) the current installation of Office 97. For information
about removing Office 97 from your computer, see the following
article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
OFF97: How to Completely Remove Microsoft Office 97
: When you follow the steps in this article, it is important to note that all of the folders, files and registry keys and values that are listed may not be present on your computer. If this behavior occurs, continue to the next file, folder, registry key, or registry key value.
After you remove Office 97 from your computer you can remove the Office 97
SR-1 Patch. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Microsoft Windows Explorer, delete the following folder:
- In Windows Explorer, delete the files in the folders listed in the
NOTE: Do not delete the folders.
Pcauto.exe Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp
- On the Start menu, click Run. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may
require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve
problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own
- Select the following key in the registry:
With the key selected, click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted whether to delete this key, click Yes.
- Repeat the previous step (step 4) to delete the following registry