Any or all of the following symptoms may occur:
This behavior can occur if a scanner is installed in your computer, and
the Vhpscand.vxd file is located in the Windows\System folder instead of the Windows\System\Iosubsys folder.
To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.
- In the Named box, type vhpscand.vxd, and then click Find Now.
- If the Vhpscand.vxd file is located in the Windows\System folder,
right-click the Vhpscand.vxd file, and then click Cut.
- Right-click the Windows\System\Iosubsys folder, and then click Paste.
- Restart your computer.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.