When you view a Web page in Internet Explorer, images on the Web page may
be incomplete or they may appear discolored.
This behavior is known to occur with the following display adapters:
- STB Velocity 3D
- STB Nitro 64
- English STB Velocity Video with STB Vision 95
- ViRGE/VX 4MB 3-D 64-bit PCI
- Number 9 Revolution 3-D PCI (8 MB)
- Matrox Mystique
- STB Velocity 128 (Riva 128) Ver 1.70
- Accel STAR II
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-
- Click the Performance tab.
- Click Graphics.
- Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to the left one position.
- Click OK, and then click OK again.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, move the Hardware Acceleration
slider to the left two positions in step 4.
Your desktop wallpaper may also exhibit this behavior when you configure
your Active Desktop to be viewed as a Web page. The images are displayed
properly when you save the image file to a disk, and then view the saved
file in Internet Explorer or other programs. This behavior occurs only
when the images are rendered in Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) format.