The result of the SectionPages field or NumPages field is
printed incorrectly although it is displayed correctly on the screen.NOTE
: This problem occurs when the SectionPages or NumPages field is
placed inside the header or footer. This problem also occurs when you use the
Page X of Y AutoText entry.
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Office 2000
Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a).
To obtain SR-1/SR-1a, click the
article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
OFF2000: How to Obtain and Install Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a)
OFF2000: How to Obtain and Install the Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a Update
To temporarily work around this problem, do one of the following
methods before you print your document:NOTE
: After you perform one of the workarounds, update the
SectionPages or NumPages field before you print your document by doing one of
- Right-click the SectionPages or NumPages field that is not
updating and click Update Field on the shortcut menu.
- On the Tools menu, click Options. On the Print tab, click to select the Update fields check box and then click OK.
Method 1: Turn off Show/Hide
To turn off Show/Hide
, do one of the following:
- On the Standard toolbar, click Show/Hide. If the Standard toolbar is missing, point to Toolbars on the View menu and click to select Standard.
- On the Tools menu, click Options. On the View tab, click to clear the All check box, and then click OK.
Method 2: Turn on Reverse Print Order
On the Tools
menu, click Options
. On the Print
tab, click to select the Reverse print order
check box, and then click OK
Method 3: Turn off Background Printing
Turn off Background Printing
and then update the field before you print your document. To do
this, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Print tab.
- Click to clear the Background Printing check box.
- Click OK.
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
at the beginning of this article.
This problem was corrected in Microsoft Office 2000