When starting Microsoft Outlook 97, you receive the following error message:
Tahoma font is not installed. For better results, please install
The Tahoma font may be missing or damaged.
If you have not exceeded the Microsoft Windows 95 TrueType font limit
(approximately 1,000 fonts) on your computer, you can manually install
the font by following these steps:
- Place the Microsoft Office 97 or Outlook compact disc in the CD-ROM
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click the Fonts folder shortcut.
- On the File menu, click Install New Font to open the Add Fonts dialog
- In the Drives list, click the CD-ROM drive.
- In the Folders list, double-click the OS folder.
- In the OS folder, double-click the Fonts folder.
- Locate the Tahoma font and click to select it. Press and hold the
CTRL key, and then click the Tahoma Bold font to select both fonts.
- Close all open windows and restart your system.
Installing this new version of the Tahoma font will repair any damage
to the font.
For additional information about installing the Tahoma font, click the article number below
to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
OFF97: Support for the New Euro Currency Symbol