Microsoft PhotoDraw can acquire photos from any digital camera that
supports TWAIN as long as the TWAIN drivers for that camera have been
installed. Certain digital cameras do not support TWAIN and others do
not install their TWAIN drivers automatically when you install the
To acquire photos from a digital camera, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, click Digital Camera.
- If you have TWAIN drivers for your camera installed, PhotoDraw
detects the camera and prompts you to identify it. Click OK.
If PhotoDraw does not detect your camera, consult your camera
user's guide or call the manufacturer and ask for help installing
the TWAIN drivers for the camera.
- From the digital camera work pane, confirm the Source identifies
your camera and click Download.
This takes you into the interface for the camera driver where
you can select and download your photos.
To check whether TWAIN drivers are installed for you digital camera:
- Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files and Folders.
- Search for *.ds on the hard disk on which
Microsoft Windows is installed.
- If you do not find any *.ds files, a TWAIN driver is not installed
on your computer.
- If you find more than one *.ds file, right-click each file, click
Properties, and then click the Version tab to identify the device
the driver belongs with. Scanners use TWAIN drivers too.