For best results when scanning, always upgrade to the latest driver for
your scanner. These are usually available on the manufacturer's Web page.
To scan from PhotoDraw follow these steps:
- On the File menu, click Scan Picture.
- If you have a scanner driver installed, PhotoDraw will detect it
and prompt you to identify it. Do so and click OK.
If PhotoDraw does not detect your scanner, consult your scanner user's
guide or call the manufacturer and ask for help installing the drivers.
- From the Scan work pane confirm the Source identifies your scanner.
- Select a method of scanning and click Scan.
Automatic scan is recommended for most newer scanners. Use Your Scanner
Software if Automatic scan does not give you the desired result or if you
want more control over the scanner settings.
To check whether TWAIN drivers are installed for your scanner do the
- From the Windows desktop, click Start, then Find, Files and Folders.
- Search for *.ds on your Windows drive.
- If you don't find any *.ds files you do not have a TWAIN driver
- If you find more than one *.ds file, right-click each file, choose
Properties and click the version tab to identify which device the driver
belongs with. (Digital cameras use TWAIN drivers too.)