When you save a document in Word 2000, certain document properties are
To view the document properties, click Properties
on the File
When the document is saved, the Title
, by default, is populated with the
first line of text from the document.
, by default, is populated with the name that appears on the User
tab (on the Tools
menu, click Options
, by default, is populated by the company name that was used
when Word 2000 was installed.
To work around these default settings, follow these steps:
All Document Properties
To make sure that all document properties are saved with the properties
that you need, on the Tools
menu, click Options
. Click the Save tab and
select the Prompt for document properties
option. When you save the
document, you can change the Title
, and Company
to the settings you
want for that particular document.
You can set the default title for the Normal template or any template you
are using by opening the template and changing the Title
(on the File
menu) to reflect the title you want when a document is saved.
To modify the template, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, click Open.
- In the Files of type list, click Document Templates.
- Go to the User Template directory or to the directory where the
Normal.dot file is located. The default location is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates
- Click the Normal.dot icon, and then click Open.
- On the File menu, click Properties.
- In the Title field, type the title you want, or type spaces for a blank title.
- Save and close the template.
You can set the default author by changing the name on the User Information
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click the User Information tab.
- Change the name to the author name you want.
: You can place spaces in the Name
field to have the name blank when the document is saved.
Company Name Property
For additional information about changing the default company property information, click the article number below
to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
WD2000: How to Change the Company Property Information