When the Microsoft Family Logon network client is your primary network
logon and you start your computer, the Password box in the Enter Password
dialog box may be unavailable for some or all users. If you click a user
name and then click OK, you have full access to that user's profile.
This behavior can occur if either of the following conditions exists:
- The <username>.pwl file is missing, where <username> is the name you
use to log on to Microsoft Windows 95/98.
- You do not have a password.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Cancel in the Enter Password dialog box.
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then
- In the Users box, click the user you want, and then click Set Password.
- Type a password in the New Password and Confirm New Password boxes, and
then click OK.
NOTE: Leave the Old Password box blank.
- Click Close, and then restart your computer.