Microsoft Outlook does not automatically record faxes in the Journal.
However, you can simulate this using an e-mail message.
To use an e-mail message to record a fax in the Journal, follow these
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click Journal Options. In the "Automatically record these items" lists,
select E-mail message.
- In the For These Contacts list, select the names of the people you
want to journal and click OK. Click OK again.
- Click the Inbox icon on the Outlook Bar.
- On the Actions menu, click New Mail Message.
- Click To. In the Show Names From list, click to select Contacts.
- In the Select Names dialog box, click To. In the Show Names From list,
click to select Contacts.
- Click to select the recipient's name from the list on the left. Make
sure you select the name that includes "(Business Fax)" and then click
To. The name will be added to the Message Recipients list on the right.
- In the body of the message, type the information you want to fax,
insert any attachments you want to send, and then click Send.
The fax will now appear in the Journal as an e-mail message.
For more information about journaling, click Microsoft Outlook Help on the
Help menu, type "Journal" in the Office Assistant or the Answer Wizard, and
then click Search to view the topics returned.