This article describes how you can change the New Contact form so that
the option "Automatically record journal entries for this contact" is
In order to select the option to "Automatically record journal entries
for this contact," you must create a new Contact form that has this
option selected and then set the new form as the default form for your
Create a New Contact Form
- On the View menu, point to Go To, and then click Contacts.
- On the File menu, point to New and click Contact.
- On the All Fields tab, in the Select From box, click to select
"All Contact Fields."
- Under the heading "Name" locate Journal.
- Click in the Value field of Journal and replace the current entry
(probably "No") with "Yes" (without the quotation marks).
- On the Tools menu, point to Forms, and then click Publish Form As.
- Type a name for the form in the Display name box.
NOTE: By default, the form will be saved in the location "Outlook
Folders." To change the save location, click to select a new location
in the "Look In:" list. The form will be easier to find if you set the
"Look In:" location to Contacts.
- Click Publish. Close the currently open form. It is not necessary to
save the form.
Make the New Form Your Default Contacts Form
- On the View menu, click Folder list (if it is not visible).
- Right-click the Contacts folder and click Properties on the shortcut
- In the "When posting to this folder, use" list, click to select the
new form you just created and click OK.