In Microsoft Project, when you create a new split part on a task you may
experience the following behavior:
- An existing split part may be rescheduled incorrectly.
- The finish date of the task may change.
- The task percent complete may change.
This behavior may occur if a task has a split, and you create a new split
part between a completed split part and another split part.
To work around this behavior, follow these steps:
- Reduce the percent complete on the task to 1%.
- Adjust the duration of the task if needed.
- On the Task tab, click Split Task and create the splits you want on the task.
NOTE : In Project 2007 and earlier versions, on the Edit menu, click Split Task and create the splits you want on the task.
- Adjust the actual duration or percent complete on the task to the
value you want.
To prevent this behavior from occurring, follow these steps:
- Reduce the percent complete on the task so the split part prior to
the split is incomplete.
- Create the new split part.
- Adjust the percent complete or actual duration if needed.