You can use the Rules Wizard to create a copy of the sent message in any
folder you choose, including a server-side Internet Message Access Protocol
Outlook will save sent messages in your local Personal Folder
(PST) Sent Items folder, by default. You can use the Rules Wizard to save sent messages
in a folder on the IMAP server. You may wish to disable the options to save
sent messages in your Sent Items folder. Doing this will keep sent messages
from being saved on the local PST folder.
Create a Rule with the Rules Wizard
- On the Tools menu, click Rules Wizard, and then click New.
- Click to select "Check messages after sending", and then click Next.
- Click to select "uses the form name form check box".
- Click the underlined form name in the Rule Description box.
- In the Standard Forms Library, click to select Message and then click
Open. Click Next, and Next again.
- Click to select the "Move a copy to the specified folder" check box.
- Click to select a "specified" folder in the Rule Description box
- Click to select or create a folder on your IMAP server. Click OK, and then click Next.
- Click Next again, and then specify a rule name. Click Finish.
Disable Save Sent Items in the Sent Items Folder
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Preferences Tab, click E-mail Options.
- Click to clear the "Save copies of messages in Sent Items Folder" check box.
- Click OK, and then OK to close the windows.