You can use the Rules Wizard to create a copy of the sent
message on any folder you choose, including a server-side Internet Message
Access Protocol (IMAP) folder.
Outlook will save sent messages in your local Personal
Folder (PST) Sent Items folder. You can use the Rules Wizard to save sent
messages in a folder on the IMAP server. You may want to disable the options to
save sent messages in your Sent Items folder. If you do this, you will keep
sent messages from being saved on the local PST folder.
Create a Rule with the Rules Wizard
- On the Tools menu, click Rules Wizard, and then click New.
- Click to select Check Messages After Sending, and then
- Click to check the Uses The "Form Name" Form check box.
- Click on the underlined "form name" in the Rule Description
- Click to select Application Forms, and then click to select
Message. Click Add, click Close, and then click Next.
- Click the "Move a copy to the specified folder" check box.
- Click to select the "specified" folder in the Rule
- Click to select or create a folder on your IMAP server.
Click OK, and then click Next.
- Click Next again, and then specify a rule name. Click
Finish, and then click OK.
Disable Save Sent Items in the Sent Items Folder
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Preferences Tab, click E-mail Options.
- Click to clear the "Save copies of messages in Sent Items
Folder" check box
- To close the dialog boxes, click OK twice.
for other considerations.