Cumulative Update 2 for Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010 is available for download at the Microsoft Download website. This cumulative update is a rollup of fixes for System Center Service Manager 2010. It supersedes Cumulative Update 1 (CU1) and contains a superset of the fixes that are provided in CU1. It can be applied to CU1 or directly to a Service Manager 2010 installation.
This cumulative update is also a prerequisite for the release version of Service Manager 2010 Authoring Tool v1.0.
Included in this update are fixes for the following issues:
- Duplicate notifications or workflows on later record updates
- Analyst Portal error when you select "View Change Requests with Manual Activities to complete"
- Self-Service Portal Change Request Category drop-down list items are not localized
- Help documentation is not localized
- Some relationship properties are not propagated correctly to Data Warehouse
- "Activity Status Changed" workflow does not work correctly after a Management Pack that has a class extension is imported
- Extended properties that are used in workflow parameters are not resolved correctly
- Form customization fixes
- A customized form that has a single instance picker crashes on create task and may also crash on edit, depending on the instance of what type is picked with it.
- The user picker should limit the users who are shown in the drop-down list
- DisplayName always returns the default language string
- Operations Manager 2007 heartbeat alerts do not have the computer name set; connector does not add the computer to the affected CIs on the incident
- Knowledge Article form is very slow to open
- The Select User dialog box is very slow
- Creating a template for a class that does not have a custom form associated with it pulls up a new blank form instead of a generic form
Cumulative Update 3 for Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010 is available for download at the Microsoft Download website. Cumulative Update 3 (CU3) is a rollup of fixes for System Center Service Manager 2010. It supersedes Cumulative Update 1 (CU1) and Cumulative Update 2 (CU2). It contains a superset of the fixes that are provided in CU2 and CU1. It can be applied to CU1 or to CU2 or directly to a Service Manager 2010 installation.
Download the Cumulative Update 3 for Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010 package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
For more information about CU3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Cumulative Update 3 for System Center Service Manager 2010
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Components that this cumulative update applies
This cumulative update applies to the following Service Manager components:
- Service Manager Management Server (SM Server)
- Data Warehouse Management Server (DW Server)
- Self-Service Portal
- Service Manager Console
You can apply this cumulative update to these components. However, if the Self-Service Portal or the Service Manager Console is running on a system that has an English-language locale, you do not have to apply this cumulative update on that system. The fixes for the Self-Service Portal and for the Service Manager Console are only for systems that have non-English-language locales.
How to install this cumulative updateImportant
Before you install this cumulative update, we recommend that you follow these steps:
- Back up the ServiceManager database, the DWDataMart database, the DWRepository database, and the DWStagingAndConfig database.
- Back up the encryption keys for SM Server and for DW Server.
For more information about how to back up these databases and these encryption keys, see the System Center Service Manager Disaster Recovery Guide.
This cumulative update cannot be uninstalled after you install it.
To install this cumulative update, follow these steps:
- On systems that have the Cumulative Update 1 for Service Manager 2010 (KB 983572) applied, remove the folder that is named KB983572 from the Service Manager 2010 Install directory (%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager 2010).
- Exit all Service Manager-related applications before you apply this cumulative update. For example, exit the Service Manager Console, the Self-Service Portal links, and the authoring tool.
- Download the cumulative update to a target folder.
Note This cumulative update contains both the x86 version and the x64 version. Download the appropriate version for your system.
- Open the target folder.
- Right-click the SCSM2010_RTM_X86_KB2193861.exe file or the SCSM2010_RTM_AMD64_KB2193861.exe file, and then click Run as administrator.
- Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then follow the steps in the installation wizard.
- For the Data Warehouse Management Server, you have to manually start the System Center Management service after the cumulative update installation is complete.
How to verify a successful installation of this cumulative update
- In Control Panel, open Programs and Features.
- Click View installed updates.
- The following item is listed:
If the system is running SM Server, Self-Service Portal, or Service Manager Console, this item appears under Microsoft System Center Service Manager.
- Hotfix for Microsoft System Center Service Manager (SCSM2010_RTM_KB2193861)
If the system is running DW server, this item appears under Microsoft System Center Service Manager DataWarehouse.
View the log files to determine whether any error occurred during the installation of this cumulative update.
On x86-based systems, you can verify the following log files in the %temp% folder:
On x64-based systems, you can verify the following log files in the %temp% folder:
This cumulative update installs the following version of the files:
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||Version||Applies to|
|Microsoft.ServiceManager.WorkflowAuthoring.ActivityLibrary.dll||7.0.5826.612||SM Server and DW|
|Microsoft.ServiceManager.WorkflowAuthoring.Common.dll ||7.0.5826.612||SM Server and DW|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.ConsoleFramework.dll||7.0.5826.875||SM Server and Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.Controls.dll||7.0.5826.875||SM Server and Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.ExtendedControls.dll||7.0.5826.875||SM Server and Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.FormsInfra.dll||7.0.5826.875||SM Server and Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.Foundation.dll||7.0.5826.875||SM Server and Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.ViewFramework.dll||7.0.5826.875||SM Server and Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.WpfViews.dll||7.0.5826.875||SM Server and Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAccessLayer.dll||7.0.5826.881||SM Server and DW|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAccessService.Core.dll||7.0.5826.881||SM Server and DW|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.OpsMgrConnector.dll||7.0.5826.881||SM Server and DW|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console.exe||7.0.5826.881||SM Server and Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.dll||7.0.5826.881||SM Server and Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SMControls.dll||7.0.5826.881||SM Server and Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Core.dll||7.0.5826.881||SM Server and DW|
|Microsoft.Mom.CmdbInstanceSubscriptionDataSourceModule.dll||7.0.5826.881||SM Server and DW|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Forms.CustomizationLibrary.dll||7.0.5826.881||SM Server and DW|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Administration.dll||7.0.5826.881||SM Server and DW|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.KnowledgeManagement.Forms.dll||7.0.5826.881||SM Server and DW|
|Microsoft.ServiceManager.WorkflowAuthoring.ActivityLibrary.resources.dll||7.0.5826.612||SM Server and DW|
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|Service Manager Administrator Management Pack ||7.0.5826.881|
|Service Manager Console Management Pack||7.0.5826.881|
|Service Manager Knowledge Management Library||7.0.5826.881|