When you install Microsoft Office 2000, you may receive the
following error message:
Internal Error 2755: Please
contact product support for assistance.
Also, when you view your
Setup log file--for example, Office 2000 Premium Setup(0002)_MsiExec.txt--you
may see text similar to the following just above the 2755 error:
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
This problem can occur if the following conditions are
- You have an earlier version of Office installed from a
network location. -and-
- You have a mapped drive letter to this Office location on
- Either of the following conditions is true:
network location does not contain any files in the Office\XLStart
You have Read-Only permission on the
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Double-click My Computer.
- Right-click the drive from which you installed your
previous version of Office.
- Click Disconnect on the shortcut menu.
- Run Office 2000 Setup.
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
at the beginning of this article.
For more articles about how to troubleshoot specific errors
in Office Setup:
For more articles with general information about how to
troubleshoot Office errors: