When you try to start a scheduled presentation broadcast, you may receive the following error message:
There's a problem starting the NetShow Encoder. Reinstall rxcbprxy.exe and register it and try again.
Microsoft Office 2000 has built-in functionality that allows you to get more information about difficult-to-troubleshoot alerts or error messages. If you want to enable this functionality for this and other error messages in Microsoft Office 2000, please download the Microsoft Office 2000 Customizable Alerts file from the Microsoft Office Update Web site at the following address:
: If you reached this article by clicking the Web Info
button in an error message, you already have Customizable Alerts enabled.
This error can be caused when the file Rxcbprxy.exe
is damaged or missing.
This error can also occur when Rxcbprxy.exe
is not registered in the Windows Registry.
Method 1: Run Office Repair
- Close all programs that are open.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- In the Add/Remove Programs Properties dialog box, click your Microsoft Office 2000 installation, and then click Add/Remove.
- In the Microsoft Office 2000 Maintenance Mode dialog box, click Repair Office.
- In the Reinstall/Repair Microsoft Office 2000 dialog box, click to select Repair errors in my Office installation, and then click Finish.
- When the Office Repair is finished, you may be prompted to restart Windows. If you are, click Yes and let Windows restart.
Method 2: Copy Rxcbrxy.exe From the Office 2000 CD
If the Rxcbprxy.exe
file is missing from the Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office folder
, you may be able to copy it from the Office 2000 compact disc to your hard disc drive.
Steps to Copy Rxcbrxy.exe
To copy the file to your hard disk, follow these steps:
- Place the first CD for Office 2000 into your CD-ROM drive.
- On the Windows Start menu, point to Programs, then click Windows Explorer.
- In Windows Explorer, select the Office 2000 CD-ROM, then navigate to the PFiles\Microsoft\Office folder.
- Find Rxcbprxy.exe, and click to select it.
- On the Edit menu, click Copy.
- Navigate to Drive:Program Files\Microsoft Office\ and select the Office folder.
- On the Edit menu, click Paste.
This will copy the Rxcbprxy.exe file to the Office folder.
Method 3: Reinstall Presentation Broadcasting
If the previous method does not resolve the problem, follow these steps:
- On the Windows Start menu, point to Settings, then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- When the Office Maintenance Mode dialog box is displayed, click Add or Remove Features.
- On the Installation tree, click the plus sign (+) next to the PowerPoint icon.
- Click the Presentation Broadcasting icon.
- From the list, click to select Not Available.
- Click Update Now.
This will uninstall the Presentation Broadcast components.
- Once the setup program has finished, repeat steps one through five, then continue to step nine and ten.
- From the list, click to select Run from My Computer.
- Click Update Now.
This will install the Presentation Broadcast components.
For additional information about troubleshooting online broadcasting, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PPT2000: Troubleshooting Online Broadcasting