When you run Setup to create an administrative installation
of Office, you may receive the following error message:
Error 1316. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file:
is the drive letter that is assigned to your
CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
If you have a beta version of Office on the computer where
you are running Setup for the administrative installation, you may receive this
To prevent this error message from appearing, do either of
- Perform the administrative installation from a computer
that does not have a beta version of Office installed.
- Remove the beta version of Office before you perform the
To remove the beta version of Office, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Double-click Office 2000 product
in the list, (where Office 2000 product is the
edition that you want to remove).
- Click Remove Office in the Microsoft Office 2000 Maintenance Mode dialog box.
- Click Yes to the prompt that confirms your choice to remove
For more articles about how to troubleshoot specific errors
in Office Setup:
For more articles with general information about how to
troubleshoot Office errors: