When you run Microsoft Office Setup, the following error
message may appear:
Error 1704. An installation for
<Office product> is currently suspended. You must undo the changes made
by that installation to continue. Do you want to undo those changes?
where <Office product> is one of the Office family
If you click Yes
Setup will continue and appear to finish. When you
restart your computer, the same error message may be repeated, or Microsoft
Office Setup may automatically start in Maintenance Mode Setup.
If you click No
, the following error message appears:
Office Setup was canceled.
To complete installation at another time,
please run Setup again.
This error occurs when the following conditions are
- You install an Office 2000 family product's CD (For
example, Office 2000 Premium CD1).
- You do not restart your computer when Setup prompts you to.
You click No for this to happen.
- You run Setup from a second Office 2000 family product's CD
(for example, Office 2000 Premium CD2).
To resolve this behavior, use the method appropriate for
If you clicked NO, follow these steps:
- Restart your computer.
- Run Setup from the second CD.
If you clicked Yes, follow these steps:
- Allow Office Setup to continue.
- When you are prompted to restart your computer by the
current Office Setup, click Yes.
- If Office Setup is run in Maintenance Mode after you
restart your computer, quit Maintenance Mode.
- Click Cancel in the Maintenance Mode dialog box.
- Click Yes to the Are you sure you want to exit Office Setup? question.
- When you are warned that Setup is canceled, click OK.
- Allow the current Setup program to finish.
- When the Setup program is finished, repair the former
- On the Windows Start menu, point to Settings, and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click the program name from the list, and click Add/Remove.
- Click Repair Office.
- Click Repair Errors in my Office Installation, and click Finish.
This should complete the former installation.
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
at the beginning of this article.
You must restart your computer each time you run Setup, so
that Setup can complete the installation.
For more articles about how to troubleshoot specific errors
in Office Setup:
For more articles with general information about how to
troubleshoot Office errors: