The SBS 2003 console's performance report or a server status report that has been sent via email may indicate that the Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X86 service is not started despite having an Automatic startup type.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
This can happen if the Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0 package has been installed on the SBS 2003 server.
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix this problem
link. Then, click Run
in the File Download
dialog box and follow the steps in this wizard.
this wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.Note
If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD so that you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
To resolve this problem yourself, follow these steps:
- Locate the C:\inetpub\monitoring\web.config file and make a backup copy of it.
- Open the C:\inetpub\monitoring\web.config file with Notepad to edit it.
- Locate the SERVICES_TO_IGNORE line in the file. It will look like this:
<add key="SERVICES_TO_IGNORE" value="SysmonLog" />
- Edit this line to add the text ;clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32 which is the reference to the Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X86 service as shown below.
<add key="SERVICES_TO_IGNORE" value="SysmonLog;clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32" />
- Save the C:\inetpub\monitoring\web.config file and refresh the performance report in the SBS Console.
The behavior of the Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X86 service not running even though it has an automatic startup type is normal for this service. If there is nothing for it to do it stops itself automatically.
for other considerations.