This article describes how to obtain Service Pack 1 for Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE) 1.0. To see a complete list of bugs that are fixed by this update, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To determine which Service Pack level your SQL Server is currently running, execute the following statement from a Query Analyzer window:
The result of this query will be 7.00.623 if you are running SQL Server 7.0 with no service pack applied or 7.00.699 for SQL Server 7.0 Service Pack 1.
This service pack is for use only by holders of a current valid Microsoft SQL Server version 7.0 license. This service pack addresses some specific problems that were discovered in SQL Server version 7.0 after it began shipping. Microsoft recommends that all Microsoft SQL Server version 7.0 users apply this service pack.
Service Pack 1 for Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE) 1.0 is available for Intel (x86) and Alpha-based
Instructions for Downloading
To download Service Pack 1 for Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE) 1.0, do the following:
- Connect to the Microsoft Download Center at
- In the Search Using box, make sure that Product is selected.
- In the Product Name box, select SQL Server 7.0.
- In the Operating System list box, select the operating system installed on your SQL Server.
NOTE: If you have an Alpha computer, be sure to select
Windows NT (Alpha).
- In the Show Results For box, select All Downloads.
- Click the title of the download that you want. To facilitate downloading, the service pack has been broken into two parts. There are the Database Components SP1 and the OLAP Services Components SP1.
- Click the link to the self-extracting service pack executable file under Download Now.
- Select Save This Program to Disk to copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time.
- Run the self-extracting executable file to expand the service pack into its component files and then run the setup program.
If you need more information or assistance regarding this service pack, please contact your primary support provider.