When you run Intuit Quicken 98 and generate an EasyAnswer Report, digits in the report may appear with large spaces between them. For example, if the report displays the following number:
it instead appears as the following:
1 2 3 4 . 5 6
This problem occurs if the following conditions are both true:
- You install Microsoft Office 2000 on a computer on which Intuit Quicken 98 is already installed.
- You generate an EasyAnswer Report in Quicken 98.
Specifically, the problem occurs because Microsoft Office 2000 installs a newer version of the Arial font (Arial.ttf), which is not fully compatible with Quicken 98.
: This problem does not occur if you install Quicken 98 for the first time after
you install Microsoft Office 2000. Also, this problem does not occur in Quicken 99.
You can correct this problem by replacing the version of Arial.ttf that is included with Microsoft Office 2000 with a different version of Arial.ttf. To do this, follow these steps:
- Quit all programs.
- On the Start menu, point to Settings, and click Control Panel. In Control Panel, double-click the Fonts icon.
- Using the right mouse button, drag the Arial font from the Fonts window to the desktop. On the shortcut menu, click Move Here.
- Browse to the following Intuit Web site and follow the steps given to install the correct version of the Arial font:
Your EasyAnswer Reports in Quicken 98 should now appear correctly.
If the preceding steps do not resolve the problem, contact Intuit for more information about this problem.
For information about how to contact the companies mentioned in this article, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.