A user who creates a new profile has permission to use that profile, but someone with administrator permissions can permit other users to also use the profile. This article describes how to copy a profile to another domain and assign a user permission to use the copied profile. Note that permissions written to a profile are stored in the NTuser.xxx file.
To copy a profile to another domain and assign a user permission to use the profile:
- In Control Panel, double-click System.
- Click the User Profiles tab, click the profile, and then
click Copy To.
- Type the path to the folder where user profiles are stored, or
click Browse to locate the folder.
NOTE: The dialog box that appears when you click
Browse does not permit you to create folders. You must
create the required folder before you copy the profile.
- Click Change.
- In the List Names From box, click the name of the other
- In the Names box for the other domain, select the user
account of the person who is permitted to use the profile.
- Click OK until all open dialog boxes are closed.