Network Monitor is a tool to monitor and capture network traffic. It is useful when you are troubleshooting networking problems, and is capable of monitoring for specific network events. This article describes how to install Network Monitor.
Note that you must be logged on with Administrator or Power User privileges to install programs in Windows 2000.
Installing Network Monitor
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Click Management and Monitoring Tools, and then click Details.
- Click to select the Network Monitor Tools check box, and then click OK.
- Click Next.
For additional information about Network Monitor, click the article numbers below
to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to Capture Network Traffic with Network Monitor
Connecting to a Remote Network Monitor Agent Across a Router
For detailed information about using Network Monitor in Windows 2000, view the online Help from within Network Monitor.