When you click Send/Receive
in Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011, you do not receive new email messages.
Step 1: Restart Outlook
To quit Outlook, click Outlook
on the toolbar (top), and then select Quit
. If you cannot quit Outlook or do not know how, hold down the Command and Option keys, and then press Esc on your keyboard. Select Outlook
in the Force Quit Application window, and then select Force Quit
. Click Force Quit
to quit the application. Note
You cannot quit Finder.
When you are finished, click the red close button in the upper-left corner of the window.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Start Outlook again, and then click Send/Receive
. If the issue continues to occur, go to the next step.
Step 2: Verify that you can connect on the web
First, test to see whether you can sign in by using the web-based application. For example, if you have a Gmail account, visit gmail.com, and then sign in.
If you can sign in, go to the next step. If you cannot sign in, contact your email provider to obtain the correct user name and password.
Step 2: Re-enter your user name and your password
To re-enter your user name and password information, follow these steps:
- Start Outlook.
- On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
- On the left side of the window, select your email account.
- Enter your email address and your password.
- Verify that the "Incoming server" and "Outgoing server" entries are correct.
- Click the red close button in the upper-left corner of the window to close the window. Try to use the Send/Receive button again.