Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) provides the latest updates for SharePoint Server 2010. This service pack includes two main categories of fixes:
- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, these fixes include improvements in stability, performance, and in security.
- All the public updates that were released through June 2011, and all the cumulative updates that were released through April 2011.
After you install SharePoint Foundation 2010 SP1 or SharePoint Server 2010 SP1, you must also install the corresponding June 2011 Cumulative Update refresh package. For more information about these updates, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the SharePoint Foundation 2010 cumulative update package (SharePoint Foundation server-package): June 30, 20112536599
Description of the SharePoint Server 2010 cumulative update package (SharePoint server-package): June 30, 2011
How to obtain and install the service pack
The following file is available for download from Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Service Pack 1 package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
For more information about a complete list of all released SP1 server packages, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
List of all Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Office server Service Pack 1 (SP1) packages
If the Office Web Apps is used in a mixed version environment, where Office Web Apps has SP1-or-later is applied while SharePoint Server 2010 remains on the Release To Manufacturing (RTM) version, you must install the following two updates before you install SP1 for Office Web Apps:
Description of the SharePoint Server 2010 update: April 12, 2011
Description of the Office Web Apps update: April 12, 2011
Overview of SharePoint Server 2010 SP1 improvements
Specifically, these are the key areas of improvement in SP1:
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixes
- Improved support for Internet Explorer 9.
- Recycle bin: Lets you restore a site collection or a web that was deleted.
- Remote Backup Systems (RBS) and shallow copy can decrease downtime and increase efficiency by moving pointers to databases instead of moving databases.
- You can see which folders are taking up valuable space with the improved Storage Management feature in site settings.
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
- A more robust Search Host Distribution service that improves error recovery and performance during the search crawl.
- Adds backup and restore functionality to recover deleted site collections and webs.
A workbook is available that lists the issues that are fixed by this service pack.
Download the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Office servers Service Pack 1 Changes.xlsx package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
This workbook is in the English language. It is not translated into any other languages. Known issues and behavior changes
After SharePoint Server 2010 SP1 is installed, the Workflow feature is disabled when a new site collection is created. You can enable the Workflow
feature of a new site collection in the Site Collection Settings page.
Known issues that you may experience when you install the Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 and Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1
For more information about this service pack that includes a list of files affected, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Technical details about the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Office server Service Pack 1 (SP1) releases