Microsoft Office Web Apps Service Pack 1 (SP1) provides the latest updates for Office Web Apps. This service pack includes two main categories of fixes:
- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, these fixes include improvements in stability, performance, and in security.
- All the public updates that were released through June 2011, and all the cumulative updates that were released through April 2011.
How to obtain and install the service pack
The following file is available for download from Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office Web Apps Service Pack 1 package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
For more information about a complete list of all released SP1 server packages, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
List of all Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Office server Service Pack 1 (SP1) packages
If the Office Web Apps will be used in a mixed version environment, where Office Web Apps has SP1-or-later applied while SharePoint Server 2010 remains on the Release To Manufacturing (RTM) version, you must install the following two updates before you install SP1 for the Office Web Apps:
Description of the SharePoint Server 2010 update: April 12, 2011
Description of the Office Web Apps update: April 12, 2011
Overview of Office Web Apps SP1 improvements
These are the key areas of improvement in SP1.All Office Web Apps
Word Web App
- OpenDocument Format (ODF) support:
Lets you view and edit ODF documents in Office Web Apps.
- Lets you use Office Web Apps with the Google Chrome browser.
- Outlook Web App document attachment viewing (for Exchange Online only):
Lets you view Office document attachments in the browser directly from Outlook Web App.
- Lets you use Office Web Apps with Internet Explorer 9 in Native mode.
Lets you print Word documents from Edit mode (in addition to View mode).Excel Web App
PowerPoint Web App
- Added a Close button.
- Lets you insert charts in Excel Web App.
- Lets you copy and paste values and formulas by dragging the fill handle.
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixes
- Lets you print presentations from PowerPoint Web App.
- Lets you edit text in more shapes, not just placeholder shapes.
- Lets you insert clip art in PowerPoint Web App. (By default clip art support is disabled. An administrator can decide to enable it.)
A workbook is available that lists the issues that are fixed by this service pack.
Download the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Office servers Service Pack 1 Changes.xlsx package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
This workbook is in the English language. It is not translated into any other languages. Known issues and behavior changes
Known issues that you may experience when you install the Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 and Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1
For more information about this service pack that includes a list of files affected, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Technical details about the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Office server Service Pack 1 (SP1) releases