This article describes the Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2, Phone Edition issue that is fixed in the update that is dated November 2010.
Issues that this update fix
This cumulative update fixes the following issues:
- This cumulative update contains several back-end code fixes to improve the stability of Office Communicator 2007 R2 Phone Edition.
This cumulative update also fixes the following issues that are fixed in the previously released updates:
- The Private branch exchange (PBX) caller name does not
appear on Office Communicator Phone Edition 2007 R2 devices.
- The "Dial x for an outside line" message translation in Korean might not be fully explanatory in Office Communicator Phone Edition 2007 R2.
- Tanjay unlocks when you sign in on Fuze or Outlook Web Access (OWA).
- You cannot call a number on Tanjay when the number maps to a blocked Outlook contact without any instant messaging (IM) address. This issue does not occur on Microsoft Office Communicator.
- After some regions change their rules for daylight saving time, a phone that uses Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2, Phone Edition is one hour off.
- When you connect your IP phone through the Internet, the telephone call logs are not populated with received or dialed calls.
- When you block a contact, you cannot call that contact from the Contact List.
- After you apply the update package described in KB 972398 to your IP phone, the telephone performance becomes slow. The response time of the dial pad also becomes slow.
The following file
is available for download from the Microsoft Download
the UCUpdates.exe package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Release Date: November 2010
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
There are no prerequisites for installing
You may have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This cumulative update replaces the following update:
Description of the cumulative update for Office Communicator 2007 R2, Phone Edition: July 2010
To use one of the hotfixes in
this package, you do not have to make any changes to the
This update package contains an image for a device that is running Communicator 2007 R2 Phone Edition. This image is version 6907.222.
more information about software update terminology, click the following article
number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates