This article describes the issue that is fixed in the Lync 2010 Group Chat update package that is dated January 2011.
This article describes the following items about the update:
- The issues that the update fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install
- Whether the update is replaced by any other
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update contains.
Update package information
following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download
Download the MgcClient.msp package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Release Date: January 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
There are no prerequisites for installing this update.
You may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
This update does not replace a previously released update.
To use one of the updates in
this package, you do not have to make any changes to the
Update package installation information
Install this update to Lync Server 2010 Group Chat server
- Make sure that the Lync Server 2010 Group Chat features are installed, configured and functioning correctly. Lync Server 2010 Group Chat server include Channel server, Lookup server and Compliance server.
- Stop the Channel service and stop the Lookup service that are currently running.
- Apply this update by running MgcServer.msp on all the computers that have the Group Chat server role installed.
- On the Group Chat server, open the Server Config Tool as follows:
Start menu: All Programs, Administrative Tools, Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Group Chat
File location: <driver letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Group Chat Server\ServerConfigTool.exe.
- Click Yes when you receive the following message, and the Server Config Tool upgrades the existing Group Chat database schema. Additionally, the Server Config Tool changes the server's configuration files to reflect these changes.
You must have read/write permission to the server's configuration files to complete this task.
Note You must shut down all Group Chat servers before you perform this upgrade.Restart the Channel service, the Lookup service and then restart the Compliance server.
- Restart the Channel service, the Lookup service and then restart the Compliance server.
This update may not
contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the
latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct
the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of
this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes,
that are listed in the following table:
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
For more information about
software update terminology, click the following article number to view the
article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates