One of more of the following services may fail to start on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 7:
• Windows Time (W32Time)
• Windows Event Log (eventlog)
• Windows Firewall (MpsSvc)
Additionally, when trying to start the service manually, you may receive the following error message:
Error 1079: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process
The issue may occur if the service is started by the Local System account instead of by the Local Service account (NT AUTHORITY\LocalService). The Local System account may have insufficient permissions to start the service.
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix this problem link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in this wizard.
Set the service and any dependent services to run under the NT AUTHORITY\LocalService account.
For example, for the Windows Firewall service, follow the steps:
1. Click Start, type "Services.msc” in the Search programs and files box, and then press ENTER,
2. Locate and double click the Windows Firewall service.
3. Click the Log On tab,
4. In the This account text box, type “NT AUTHORITY\LocalService”,
5. Set both Password fields blank,
6. Click Apply and then OK,
7. Repeat these steps for the Base Filtering Engine service.
8. Restart both services.