Cumulative Update 1 for Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010 Service Pack 1 is available for download from the Microsoft Download website. Included in this update are fixes for the following issues:
- Extending a large-volume class causes the Service Manager console to stop responding indefinitely.
- Adding a 25th child item on a list results in an error.
- Fact tables that are based on relationships with properties lose data after the relationship is deleted.
Cumulative Update 1 for Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010 Service Pack 1 is available for download from the Microsoft Download website:
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.System requirements
You must have System Center Service Manager 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed to install this cumulative update.
Components to which this cumulative update applies
This cumulative update applies to the following Service Manager components:
- Service Manager Management Server (SM Server)
- Data Warehouse Management Server (DW Server)
You can apply this cumulative update to these components.
How to install this cumulative updateImportant
Before you install this cumulative update, we recommend that you follow these steps:
- Back up the following databases:
- Back up the encryption keys for SM Server and for DW Server.
For more information about how to back up these databases and these encryption keys, visit the following website:Note
This cumulative update cannot be uninstalled after you install it.
To install this cumulative update, follow these steps:
- Exit all Service Manager-related applications before you apply this cumulative update. For example, exit the Service Manager Console, the Self-Service Portal links, and the authoring tool.
- Download the cumulative update to a target folder.
- Open the target folder.
- Right-click the following file, and then click Run as administrator:
- Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then follow the steps in the installation wizard.
- For the Data Warehouse Management Server, manually start the System Center Management service after the cumulative update installation is complete.
An additional step is required if you previously imported a custom management pack that defines a fact table that contains properties. In this case, you have to upgrade the custom management pack. To do this, follow these steps:
- Increase the management pack version.
- Reseal the management pack.
- Reimport the management pack.
The MPSyncJob job will then automatically sync the reimported management pack to the data warehouse on the next synchronization, and the affected transform procedures will be updated.
On systems that have the Service Manager Authoring Tool installed, update the management packs in the Library folder of the Authoring Tool. To do this, follow these steps:
- From the Cumulative Update 3 download page, download the following file to the local computer on which the Authoring Tool is installed:
- Double-click the .exe file, and then wait for the files to be extracted.
- Locate the following folder:
%SystemDrive%\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager 2010\hotfix_KB2484853\AuthoringToolMPUpdate This is where the management pack files were extracted.
- Copy all files from that folder to the following folder, replacing the existing files:
Authoring Tool installation drive\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager 2010 Authoring\Library\
- If the Authoring Tool is running, restart it to load the updated management packs.
If you do not update the management packs in the Library folder of the Authoring Tool, and then you later try to open a management pack in the Service Manager Authoring Tool that references the updated management packs that are included with this cumulative update, you are prompted to specify the location of the updated management packs. The dialog box that is displayed may contain the following text:
How to verify a successful installation of this cumulative update
- In Control Panel, open Programs and Features.
- Click View installed updates.
- Verify that the following item is listed:
If the system is running SM Server, this item appears under Microsoft System Center Service Manager SP1.
- Hotfix for Microsoft System Center Service Manager SP1 (SCSM2010_SP1_QFEKB2484853)
If the system is running DW server, this item appears under Microsoft System Center Service Manager DataWarehouse SP1.
View the log files to determine whether any error occurred during the installation of the cumulative update. To do this, examine the following log files in the %temp% folder:
This cumulative update installs the following version of the files:
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||Version||Applies to|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Warehouse.Server.dll||7.0.6555.101|| DW Server|
The following file is downloaded by the Service Manager Console as needed:
To confirm that this file is updated, follow these steps:
- Open the Service Manager Console.
- Click Library, and then click Lists.
- Select any Lists properties, click Add Item, and then click OK.
- Locate the following:
%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\System Center Service Manager 2010\SMServerName\ 7.0.6555.101The placeholder SMServerName represents the name of the Service Manager Server to which the Console is connected.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|Management pack name||Management pack version|
|Service Manager Library Management Pack|| 7.0.6555.101|Note
for other considerations.