Consider the following scenario:
- You install Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services (MDS) on a computer.
- You create some business rules by using the MDS website.
- You click Validate version to validate many members on the Validate Version page.
- Many results of the validations are not Validation succeeded.
- You try to return to the Validate Version page.
In this scenario, the Validate Version
page takes a long time to appear or times out.
Cumulative update information
SQL Server 2008 R2
The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 6. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 R2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Cumulative Update package 6 for SQL Server 2008 R2
Because the builds are cumulative, each new fix release contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous SQL Server 2008 R2 fix release. We recommend that you consider applying the most recent fix release that contains this hotfix. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
The SQL Server 2008 R2 builds that were released after SQL Server 2008 R2 was released
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to create and publish a business rule in MDS, visit the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) website:
For more information about the Validate Version
page in Master Data Manager, visit the following MSDN website: