When you install Windows Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) or Internet Explorer 10, you may encounter the following symptoms:Symptom 1:
The installation may fail with the following error code:Symptom 2:
The installation completes successfully, but Internet Explorer menus are displayed in English even though the language of Internet Explorer that you installed is not English.
This behavior can occur when you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), and Internet Explorer at the same time using Windows Update. Microsoft is currently investigating this issue. To work around this issue, follow the steps listed in the Resolution section of this article.
To resolve this issue, install the correct Internet Explorer language pack using the steps listed in Method 1 or Method 2 below. To determine which version of Internet Explorer you have, open Internet Explorer, select the Help
menu, and choose About Internet Explorer
Method1: Install the correct language pack for Internet Explorer using Windows Update
To Install the correct language pack for Internet Explorer using Windows Update, follow these steps:
- Save all your work, close all programs, and then restart your computer.
- Click Start
, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
- In the navigation pane, click Check for updates.
- Select Internet Explorer 9 or 10 from the list of important updates. If it is not listed, continue to the next step.
- Select Internet Explorer 9 Language Pack Update or Internet Explorer 10 Language Pack Update from the list of optional updates, depending on which version of Internet Explorer you have.
- Click Install Updates.
- Start Internet Explorer to make sure that the issue is resolved.
Method 2: Install the correct language pack for Internet Explorer from the Microsoft Download CenterStep 1:
Click the link bellow associated with for your operating system and Internet Explorer version.Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2
Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista and for Windows Server 2008Step 2:
If you are running the 32-bit version of Windows, download and install *x86*.msu.
If you are running the 64-bit version of Windows, download and install *x64*.msu.
For more information about Internet Explorer, or to download Internet Explorer, visit the following Microsoft website: