When you copy a style by using the Organizer, the style may be copied with the Automatically update
: This problem may occur even when the Automatically update
option has not been selected for the style you are copying.
This problem may occur when the destination document or template previously contained a style of the same name with the Automatically update
option turned on.
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a).
To obtain SR-1/SR-1a, click the
article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
to Obtain and Install Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a)
To temporarily work around this problem, turn off the Automatically update
option for the style after you copy it to your document or template. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the document or template that you copied the style to.
- On the Format menu, click Style.
- In the Style dialog box, do the following:
- Change the List box to All styles.
- In the Styles list, click the style you copied to the document or template.
- Click Modify.
- In the Modify Style dialog box, clear the Automatically update check box.
NOTE: If you want this change to be saved to your template, select the Add to template check box.
- Click OK to close the Modify style dialog box.
- Click Close to close the Style dialog box.
- On the File menu, click Save to save the changes to your document or template.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
This problem was corrected in Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a.
For more information about how to copy styles from one document or template to another, click Microsoft Word Help
menu, type copy styles using organizer
in the Office Assistant or
the Answer Wizard, and then click Search
to view the topics