Microsoft Office Visio 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3) and Microsoft Office Visio Language Pack 2007 SP3 provide the latest updates to Office Visio 2007 and to Office Visio Language Pack 2007. These updates include two main categories of fixes:
- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, this includes improvements in stability, in performance, and in security.
- All the public updates, security updates, cumulative updates, and hotfixes that were released through August 2011.
Because Office service packs are cumulative, you do not have to install Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2 before you install Service Pack 3. Service Pack 3 includes all fixes which were included in Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2.
How to obtain and install the service packsMethod 1: Microsoft Update (recommended)
To download the service pack from Microsoft Update, visit the following Microsoft website: Microsoft Update
Enrolling in Microsoft Update is the recommended way to update products to SP3. Microsoft Update will detect which products that you have installed, and then apply all updates to the products.Method 2: Download the SP3 package from Microsoft Download Center
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Office Visio 2007 SP3 package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Download the Office Visio Language Pack 2007 SP3 package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Overview of Office Visio 2007 SP3 improvements
Known issues and behavior changes
- Fixes an issue in which the COCAddon::CollectMasterInfo function constructs temp paths incorrectly in organizational charts.
- Fixes an issue in which fonts lose formatting in organizational charts when you edit the text.
- Fixes a crash issue when a shape's bounding box uses incorrect data.
- Fixes an issue in which the checked-out SharePoint diagrams are prevented from updating correctly when you save them to the local drafts folder.
- Fixes an issue in which Office Visio 2007 crashes when you open certain VDX drawings.
- Fixes an issue in which the text is formatted incorrectly when you save a file as an AutoCAD (.DXF or .DGW) drawing.
- Fixes an issue in which Office Visio Visual Basic for Application (VBA) projects intermittently save incorrectly in Windows XP.
- Fixes an issue in which Office Visio 2007 closes unexpectedly when you click Discard Check-Out for a loaded SharePoint diagram.
- Fixes an issue in which the width and height protection of a shape is resized in a rotated selection.
Known issues that you may experience when you install the 2007 Office suite SP3 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP3
For more information about this service pack, including a list of the affected files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Service pack removal
Technical details about the 2007 Office system SP3 releases
2007 Microsoft Office Service Pack 3 supports removal of client updates by using both the command line and the Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office suite. The Service Pack Uninstall Tool is available as a separate download. For more information about this tool, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:954914
Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office suite