Dependency Walker (Depends) is a useful tool for trouble-shooting application errors, file registration errors, memory access violations, and invalid page faults.
To use Dependency Walker (Depends) to investigate errors, use this procedure:
- Start Dependency Walker version 2.1.
- Click Open on the File menu to load the problem file into Dependency Walker.
- Next, on the View menu, click Start profiling. The Profile Module dialogue box appears.
- Type any switches and/or program arguments you want into the Program Argument window.
- Make sure that you have selected all other options that you want, and then click OK.
This profiles your application, listing modules loaded and files used. Dependency Walker injects Dwinject.dll just before the application error occurs.
The resulting log will document exactly what the application was doing at the time of the error.
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft
Release Date: June 25, 2002
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to Obtain Microsoft Support Files from Online Services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help to prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
For additional information, see Help
in Dependency Walker (Depends) version 2.1.