You use Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Web App in a Microsoft Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) environment. However, spam email messages aren't redirected to the Junk E-mail folder as expected.
This issue occurs if the spam filtering setting is configured incorrectly in FOPE.
To resolve this issue, set the spam action settings in FOPE. To do this, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the FOPE Administration Center.
- Click the Administration tab.
- Click the Domains tab.
- Click the name of the domain where you want to apply the settings.
Note If you have more than one domain, apply the settings to each domain.
- In the Service Settings box, click Edit next to Spam Action.
- Select Add X-Header, and then do one of the following:
- For Microsoft Office 365 pre-upgrade users, enter X-FOSE-spam.
- For stand-alone FOPE users, adjust the spam confidence level (SCL) score in the on-premises server. For more information about how to adjust the SCL score, go to the following Microsoft websites:
- Click Save.
After you perform this procedure, spam email messages will be redirected to the Junk E-mail folder in Outlook.Outlook Web App
If you're using Outlook Web App, make sure that the Automatically filter junk e-mail
option is selected. To set the Automatically filter junk e-mail
option, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Outlook Web App.
- Click Options, and then click See All Options.
- Click Block or Allow, click Junk E-Mail, click Automatically filter junk e-mail, and then click Save.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community