This article describes how to install or repair/reinstall
individual features of Microsoft Office 2000.
This information is
also presented in detail in Help in Microsoft Word 2000, Microsoft Excel 2000,
and Microsoft PowerPoint 2000. For instructions about how to view this
information in Help, please see the "References" section later in this article.
In most cases, when you first attempt to use a feature that
is not installed, Microsoft Office 2000 installs the feature automatically.
For example, if you point to Get External Data
on the Data
menu in Excel and then click Run Database Query
, Microsoft Query is installed.
If the feature that you
want is not installed automatically, follow these steps:
- Quit all programs.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs, and then click Microsoft Office 2000 on the Install/Uninstall tab. Click Add/Remove.
- In the Microsoft Office 2000 Maintenance Mode dialog box, click Add or Remove
- In the Microsoft Office 2000: Update Features dialog box, select the feature and set the installation state
that you want. For example, if you want to remove a feature, set it to Not Available.
- When you finish changing the installation states, click Update Now.
Reinstall or Repair Office
This procedure detects and repairs problems that are associated
with installed Microsoft Office programs, such as registry settings and missing
installation files. This procedure does not repair personal files, such as
worksheets or templates.
You can run Detect and Repair by using one
of the following methods.
- On the Help menu in any Office program, click Detect and Repair.
- Click Start.
To restore program shortcuts to the Windows Start menu, make sure the Restore my shortcuts while
repairing check box is selected.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
- Double-click the Office 2000 entry listed in the Add/Remove Programs dialog box.
- Click Repair Office.
- Click either Reinstall Office or Repair errors in my Office installation, and
then click Finish.
NOTE: If you selected Repair errors in my Office
installation, select the Restore my shortcuts check
box if you are having problems with your Office shortcuts.
For more information about installing or removing
individual features of Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Word or Excel or PowerPoint Help
on the Help
menu, type Install or remove individual components
in the Office Assistant or the Answer Wizard, and then click Search
to view the topic.