In Microsoft FrontPage 2000, when you view the Database Results properties, the database connection list may appear to be empty. When you create new valid database connections, this does not appear to change the state of the database connection list.
In addition, when you browse to previously working database results pages in the FrontPage web, you may receive the following error message:
Database Results Error
The database connection named 'Database1' is undefined.
This behavior can occur if:
- the connection has been removed from the web
- the file 'global.asa' is missing or contains errors
- the root folder does not have Scripting permissions enabled
- the web is not marked as an Application Root
This behavior can occur if the global.asa file either contains errors or has become corrupted.
To resolve this issue, re-create the global.asa.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Open your web in FrontPage.
- Rename the global.asa file.
- On the Tools menu, click Web Settings.
- On the Database tab, click Add.
- In the New Database Connection dialog box, configure as necessary to create a valid database connection.
- When you are finished, click OK.
- Repeat steps 4-6 as necessary to re-create all the database connections that you need for this web.
- When all the database connections have been re-created, click OK.
When you view the Database Results properties, the database connection list should now appear to be populated.
If you have existing pages that use the Database Results component, you need to reset them to the proper database connection by going into the Database Results properties.
After the database connection has been reset in the Database Results properties, the page should indicate that the database connection works.