This article describes how to track employee stock options in the following products:
- The portfolio in Microsoft Money 2005, in Money 2006, in Money 2007, and in Money Plus.
- The MSN Money (MoneyCentral) Investor Deluxe (Investment Toolbox) portfolio
We recommend that you create a separate account for tracking employee stock options, even if they are held at the same brokerage with other investments.
To track employee stock options, follow these
- Open Portfolio.
- In the Common Tasks section, click Work with Accounts, and then click Add an Account.
- In the Account type list, click Employee Stock Option, and then click Next.
- Type the stock name or select the name from the list, and then click Next.
- Enter the grant information, and then click
- Name your employee stock option grant, or leave the suggested name, and then click Next.
- Enter the vesting schedule information, and then click Next.
- Name your Investment Account or select an account from the list, and then click Finish.
To switch between displaying the Market Value that is based on total shares granted and the vested shares, follow these steps:
- In the Other Tasks section, click Change portfolio settings,
and then click the Display tab.
- In the Employee Stock Options section, click Market value based on total shares granted or click Market value based on vested shares.
- Click OK.
Both displays are calculated as the difference between the last entered update price and the strike price.
To make sure that both the Market Value column and the Vested Value column are displayed, follow these steps:
- View the column headings that are displayed. You may have to scroll left or right to view them all.
- To add a column, right-click any column heading, and then click Edit Current View.
- On the Portfolio Columns tab, add the column heading that is missing, either the Market Value column or the Vested Value column, and then