This update resolves the following issues for Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011:
- Several issues with Cisco and Juniper VPN clients
- An issue that causes an Active Directory lockout when the Kerberos protocol is used
- Several issues that cause Lync for Mac 2011 to sign out unexpectedly or to crash
We recommend that all users install this update.
Before you install the Lync 2011 14.0.2 update, make sure that you have Lync 2011 14.0.0 installed on your computer. Also, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X v10.5.8, or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets the OS version prerequisite, click About This Mac
on the Apple
To verify that Lync 14.0.0 is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open Lync for Mac 2011.
- On the Lync menu, click About Lync.
- In the About Lync dialog box, notice the version number that is displayed there. It should be 14.0.0.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.2 Update package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Release Date: April 25, 2012
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.