When you dial in to a Lync Online meeting, you may receive one of the following error messages:
Your meeting has not begun.
The Meeting leader has not yet arrived.
You may also you find that you can never join the meeting, even though you are asked to wait to join the meeting.
To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods, as appropriate for your situation.
Check the following DNS record:
In this record, the placeholder domain
represents the name of your destination server. This record is necessary to guide the ACP's servers to the correct destination server. Without this record, the ACP's server can't find the correct destination, and the user is put on hold indefinitely.
This record should be configured as follows:
Record Type: SRV
Record name: _sip
Destination Host: sipdir.online.lync.com
For more information about how to configure the necessary DNS records for Lync Online, go to the following Microsoft websites:
: Ensuring your network works with Lync Online
Troubleshooting Lync Online DNS configuration issues in Office 365
Verify the formatting of the telephone numbers that are found in the user’s Lync Online settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Browse to the Admin Overview page, click Users on the left side of the window, and then open the user who organized the meeting.
- On the top of the page, click More, and then, under Lync Online, click Configure user settings. There you will find the dial-in conferencing settings.
The Toll and Toll-free number fields are very sensitive to the formatting of the number. When you enter the toll number and the toll-free number, make sure that you don't include parentheses or punctuation (for example, spaces, brackets, hyphens, dashes, and so on), and use only the numeric values 0 through 9. An example of a valid number would be the following:
For more help with Lync Online dial-in conferencing issues, go to the following Microsoft websites:
Wait for the conference organizer to unlock the conference, or have the organizer add the user to the conference through the Lync client.
Make sure that the meeting organizer’s Lync Online account and the ACP account are configured in the same geographic region. For example, if your Office 365 organization is based in North America, you must use an ACP account that's configured for North America and can't use an ACP account that's configured for the United Kingdom. You can contact your ACP to verify that your account was created in the appropriate region.
This issue may occur if one of the following conditions is true:
- The dial-in conferencing settings are formatted incorrectly.
- Domain Name System (DNS) records are incorrect or missing.
- The conference leader locked the conference.
- No users joined the meeting through the Lync client, or the leader didn't start the conference through the telephone.
- The Lync Online meeting organizer is using an Audio Conferencing Provider (ACP) account from a different region.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community