Consider the following scenario:
- You create a Software Update Group that contains many updates in Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
- You deploy the Software Update Group.
- You create a new Software Update package or you update an existing package.
- You select a distribution point or a distribution point group.
Note In the new or existing Software Update package, the Manually copy the content in this package to the distribution point option is selected.
- You complete the wizard, and then you monitor the download progress for the specified updates.
In this scenario, if any failure occurs during the download of the updates, the newly created Software Update package is not targeted to the distribution point or distribution point group that you specified.
To work around this problem, first investigate the cause of the download failure, and make sure that the content downloads successfully for all desired updates. Then, use the Distribute Content wizard to deploy the Software Update package to the desired distribution point or distribution point group.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to distribute content, visit the following Microsoft TechNet website: