After you install Microsoft System Center 2012 Operations Manager, and then you view the About
information on the Help
menu, you may see (Eval)
after the version information. This means that you're running the evaluation edition of the program.
This article describes how to add a product key to the evaluation edition of System Center Operations Manager 2012.
To set the product key, use the Set-SCOMLicense
cmdlet in PowerShell. Note
To use the Set-SCOMLicense
cmdlet, you must use elevated permissions (Run as Administrator
- Open PowerShell as an administrator.
- Load the OperationsManager module (import-module operationsmanager).
- Connect to your management group (New-SCOMManagementGroupConnection).
- Run the Set-SCOMLicense -ProductId "<yourlicensekey>“ command.
- To check whether the changes were made, run the following command:
Get-SCOMManagementGroup | ft skuforlicense, version, timeofexpiration –a
You may have to restart the computer to make sure that these changes are registered correctly.
For more information about the Set-SCOMLicense
cmdlet, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh920237.aspx
If the Eval edition has expired, you must apply Update Rollup 2 or later before you run these commands.