This article describes the issues that are fixed in the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Group Chat SDK that is dated June 2012.
This article describes the following items about the update package:
- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install
the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update package contains.
Issue that this release fixes
This release fixes the following issue:
An application that you developed by using Lync Server 2010 Group Chat SDK APIs crashes
Update package information
following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download
Download the UCGCSDK.msi package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Release Date: June 2012
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Please make sure that the following services are running before
you install the update:
- Lync Server 2010 Group Chat Server - Lookup service / Channel service
- Lync Server 2010 Group Chat Compliance Server - Compliance service
Additionally, install the update for Unified Communications Managed API 3.0 Runtime before you install this update.
For more information about the update for Unified Communications Managed API 3.0 Runtime, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Updates for Lync Server 2010
You do not have to restart the computer after you apply this
This update replaces the following update:
Description of Lync 2010 Group Chat SDK: December 2011
To use one of the updates in
this package, you do not have to make any changes to the
Update package installation information Install this update for Lync Server 2010 Group Chat Server
Workaround on how to add a new server into an existing pool after you install this update
- Make sure that all Lync Server 2010 Group Chat servers are installed, configured, and functioning correctly. Lync Server 2010 Group Chat servers include Channel Server, Lookup Server, and Compliance Server.
- Remove the previously installed version of Lync 2010 Group Chat Server SDK before you install this package.
- Stop the currently-running Channel service and Lookup service.
- To apply this update, install this update by running UCGCSDK.msi on all of the computers that are in any of the Group Chat Server roles.
- On the Group Chat server, start the Server Config Tool as follows:
- Start menu: All Programs, Administrative Tools, Server Config Tool
- File location: <drive letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Group Chat Server\ServerConfigTool.exe.
- Click Yes when you receive the following
message, and the Server Config Tool upgrades the existing Group Chat database
schema. Additionally, the Server Config Tool changesthe server's configuration
files to reflect these changes.
Note You must shut down all Group Chat services before you perform this upgrade.
- Restart the Channel service and the Lookup service, and then restart the Compliance service.
Only the MSI update files (.msp files) without a complete installer are released in the update package. After you upgrade all Lync Server 2010 Group Chat servers to this update, follow these steps to add another Group Chat server into the existing pool:
- Set up Lync Server 2010 Group Chat server (Channel Server and Lookup Server) on a new database by using the same service accounts as the existing pool. Refer to Lync Server 2010 deployment documentation for more information about how to set up a Lync Server 2010 Group Chat server.
- Upgrade to the new Lync Server 2010 Group Chat installation.
- Stop both the Channel service and the Lookup service.
- Run the following command to reconfigure the new servers
to point to the Group Chat database pool.
<drive letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Group Chat Server\ServerConfigTool.exe /i
All services start automatically after the servers are
After you apply this update, it cannot be uninstalled. If you uninstall this update, the Channel service and the Lookup service do not start. You may receive the following error message in the event log:
Event ID 6407
Description: The Server is not compatible with the database at server=<yoursqlservername>;Database=<databasename>;Integrated Security=SSPI
This update package may not contain all the
files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This
update package contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues
that are listed in this article.
This update may not contain
all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issue
that listed in this article.
global version of this update package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer
package to install the update package. The dates and the times for these files
are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you
view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the
difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Eula_mgc_sdk.rtf||Not Applicable||12,554||5/26/12||16:36||Not Applicable|
|Groupchatsdk.chm||Not Applicable||1,972,157||5/26/12||16:39||Not Applicable|
|Samplechat.cs||Not Applicable||6,343||5/26/12||16:39||Not Applicable|
|Samplecommon.cs||Not Applicable||11,833||5/26/12||16:39||Not Applicable|
|Sampleloadtest.cs||Not Applicable||24,802||5/26/12||16:39||Not Applicable|
|Samplemanagement.cs||Not Applicable||17,870||5/26/12||16:39||Not Applicable|
|Sampleusercolors.cs||Not Applicable||6,080||5/26/12||16:39||Not Applicable|
|Ucgcredist.msi||Not Applicable||909,312||5/27/12||8:37||Not Applicable|
For more information about
software update terminology, click the following article number to view the
article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates